You are here

501.4 Student Transfers Into and Out of the District

Transfers Into the District

A student's parents or a student may transfer the student into the District. Students who transfer into the District must meet the immunization and age requirements set out for students who initially enroll in the District.

The school district will request the student's cumulative records from the previous school district. If the student cannot offer proof of grade level, the Superintendent and/or designee will make the grade level determination. The Superintendent and/or designee may require testing or other information to determine the grade level. Students expelled or suspended from their previous school district will only be enrolled after approval of the Board.

The Superintendent and/or designee shall determine the amount of credits to be transferred. If the student has not previously attended an accredited school, the Superintendent and/or designee may not accept credits. A student not attending grades 9 through 11 at an accredited school shall be unranked for class ranking purposes.

The Board may deny admission if the student is not willing to provide the Board with the required information.

Any student declared ineligible under the prior school district's Good Conduct Code, and then, without having completed the full period of ineligibility at that school, transfers to the high school, will not be eligible for interscholastic competition at the high school until the full period of ineligibility has been completed. Once that time period of ineligibility has been completed, the student is then immediately eligible for interscholastic competition as far as any Good Conduct Rule is concerned.

Transfers Out of the District

A student's parents or a student may withdraw or transfer the student from school prior to completing and graduating from the education program. The student or parent should notify the building principal in writing as soon as possible of the decision to withdraw or transfer the student from the education program. The notice shall state the student's final day of attendance. The student or parent should present this written notice at the building office and receive instructions regarding the return of textbooks, library books, locker equipment, etc..

If the student is not enrolling in another school district, the District will maintain the student's records in the same manner as the records of students who have graduated from the District.

If the parents wish to have the student's cumulative record sent to the new school district, the parents must notify the building principal in writing. This notice will include the name of the school district and the person at the new school district to whom the student's cumulative records should be sent. If the new school district requests the student's cumulative records, the school district will forward the cumulative records and notify the parents the records have been sent. The notice will inform the parents of their right to review the records sent.

If the student is of compulsory education age and not transferring to another public school district or an accredited nonpublic school, the parents will notify the building principal that the student is receiving competent private instruction and file the necessary competent private instruction reports.



Approved: 5/13/13


Revised: 6/10/19